Super moist and juicy, these chicken tacos will not disappoint. Serve with Spanish rice and black beans or a green salad for a complete and very satisfying meal.
For the Chicken:
1 cup North Coast Apple Cider
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon North Coast Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste
1 pound skinless boneless thin chicken cutlets (4-5 pieces), organic and free-range if possible
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the Guacamole and Serving:
½ small head of purple cabbage, finely shredded
Juice of 2 limes (about 3 tablespoons), divided, plus lime wedges to serve
Fine sea salt, to taste
2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, plus more to serve
8 corn tortillas, warmed
- In a shallow container, combine the apple cider, mustard, vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Stir to combine. Add the chicken, making sure it is evenly submerged. Cover tightly with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat it completely dry with paper towels; discard the marinade. Season the cutlets on both sides with the smoked paprika, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add enough oil to lightly coat the bottom. Cook the chicken until browned, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 4 minutes; resist the urge to flip the chicken unnecessarily or else it won’t brown properly. If the chicken is browning too quickly, turn the heat down. Do not overcrowd the pan, cooking the chicken in batches, if needed. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss the cabbage with about 1 tablespoon of lime juice and salt to taste. Let stand while you make the guacamole.
- In another bowl, combine the avocados and the remaining tablespoon of lime juice. Using a fork, mash until smooth. Stir in the onion and cilantro. Season to taste with salt.
- To serve, slice the chicken into thin strips. Spread the guacamole on the tortillas, and top with the cabbage and chicken strips. Serve with extra limes and cilantro.