Many studies have shown that having the right balance of bacteria in your digestive system is linked to overall health and can help fight off disease. That’s because the cause of many chronic conditions is inflammation, which is moderated by the gut microbiome. A healthy gut microbiome relies on a combination of probiotics and prebiotics, working together, in synergy. Once together, we call those synbiotics.
As we mentioned in our Probiotic Power Comes to North Coast Organic blog post, the digestive health benefits of probiotics have been studied for decades. Probiotics contain live organisms, usually specific strains of bacteria that directly add to the population of healthy microbes in your gut. By having healthier bacteria in your gut, you can have a healthier digestive system. It may sound like a no-brainer, but in order for your probiotic to be effective, the live bacterial strains actually need to make it past the stomach’s harsh acids and to your large intestine, where they colonize and help repopulate your gut. That’s why we are using the Unique IS2 Bacillus Coagulans, the World’s Most Stable Probiotic, which means that you are guaranteed a high survival rate. They survive during the time of production, and also throughout the entire digestive process. The IS2 manage to reach and colonize the intestine, where 70% of our immune system resides and where the live probiotics can play their role.
Are you ready for more good news? Since our apple sauce pouches with probiotics have had such a positive response since being released in July of 2018, North Coast Organic is now offering our three drinking vinegars with added probiotics: apple, ginger and pomegranate. We take pride in helping our customers live the healthiest lifestyle possible. And because apple cider vinegar naturally contains prebiotics, our drinking vinegars help create the microbiome balance your gut needs. Each 14 ounce bottle of drinking vinegar contains your recommended daily dose of 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar, mixed with the perfect blend of apple juice and water. As with all North Coast Organic products, there’s no added sugar or preservatives. Just natural goodness and outstanding taste!
Here’s how probiotics can help you lead a healthier life:
· Probiotics help balance the friendly bacteria in your digestive system. These benefits are thought to result from the ability of probiotics to restore the natural balance of gut bacteria.
· Certain probiotic strains can help keep your heart healthy by reducing “bad” LDL cholesterol levels and modestly lowering blood pressure.
· Probiotics may reduce the severity of certain allergies and eczema.
· Probiotics can help reduce symptoms of certain digestive disorders, such as ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome and necrotizing enterocolitis.
· Probiotics may help boost your immune system and protect against infections.
· Probiotics may help you lose weight and belly fat because some probiotics prevent the absorption of dietary fat in the intestine.
If you’d like to purchase any of our apple products, we invite you to check where North Coast Organic products are sold at markets and grocery stores near you.
North Coast Organic apple products are made in Sebastopol, CA from U.S. grown certified organic apples. They contain no added sugars, preservatives, colorings or flavorings.